Sunday, March 30, 2008

Painting on a Sunday

So it was a lazy, hazy (although not very sunny) Sunday afternoon, and I decided to take full advantage of my ‘free gaff’’.

I plugged in my MP3 player into the speakers and picked up a paintbrush, revelling in the freedom of painting with loud music without having to worry about disturbing anybody else’s peace.

At the moment, I’m doing a series of paintings in acrylics on canvas and playing with the juxtaposition of figurative art and symbolism. It’s still getting off it's feet, as I’m using both new media (acrylic on canvas), and new styles and techniques.

I have two paintings done in this series already, but I feel they’re really just nibbling around the edges of the new style I’m forming:







The third painting, however, seems to be taking a step closer and I’m quite happy about the direction its going

It’s a work in progress, and these are quick snaps taken on my digital camera, which isn’t the best in the world, but it does get the idea across, I think…

This is the initial sketch



And my initial marks on the canvas...



2 comments:

Jobove - Reus said...

very good blog, congratulations
regard from Catalonia Spain
thank you

Candlewood said...

Thank you! It's always good to know somebody is reading and looking :-)